For nearly sixty years, Flann Microwave Ltd has been a market-leading designer and manufacturer of Antennas, Precision Microwave Components and Test and Measurement products operating between frequencies of 2 to 500GHz.
The company was founded in Kingston Upon Thames, Surrey in 1956 by Bernard Fleming and relocated in 1970 to Bodmin in the South-West of England – an area renowned for its beautiful scenery and a popular place in which to work, live and holiday.
The US operation, Flann Microwave Inc was established in Boston in the 1980’s to support the Company’s sales activities in the USA.
The Company’s quality system status was confirmed in 1993 with the accreditation to ISO9002, and ISO9001 in 2003.
In 1997 the Company’s name was formally changed from Flann Microwave Instruments Ltd to Flann Microwave Ltd
Our purpose-built factory and business premises occupy an area of 1800 m² and are situated in attractive gardens with views over rolling Cornish countryside on the edge of Bodmin. Currently the Company employs approximately 60 staff.
Flann’s on-going policy of maintaining the highest standards ensures that the Company’s global reputation for quality, reliability and performance will continue into the future.
- Export sales are in excess of 80% of total production.
- Technical sales and service support operating from offices in the UK and the USA.
- Global customer base including many leading companies in communications, research and aerospace and defence
- Worldwide distribution network dedicated to the supply and service of our products in a global market.
- Dynamic R&D initiative developing the next generation of passive microwave components.
- Project management, consultancy and customised product manufacture.
- Computer-aided-engineering facilities for consistent quality of manufacture and life-long in-service performance.
- High quality, high performance precision made components
- World class design team
- Extensive in-house capabilities
- Over 50 years of waveguide engineering experience
- Global reach
Industry Sectors Served
We have a global reputation for quality, innovation and an ability to provide product and system solutions to many industry sectors.
- Satellite Communications
- Government Agencies
- Academic Institutions